Sunday, March 23, 2014

Treat Yourself

Hello and Happy Sunday!  Have you all had a good weekend?  We have been teased the past two weekends in my part of the country.  I thought Spring was finally here - we'd had some warmer weather, grass was starting to turn green, plants were starting to come up...... and then..... I wake up to snow!  It was only a dusting both times, but still!!  What is the weather like where you are?  Is it doing crazy stuff like it is here??

Well, over at Die Cuttin Divas, they're having a Snack Lovers challenge and they want you to create a project with your favorite snack on it.  My favorite snack has to be ice cream.  Lately I've been eating frozen Greek yogurt bars, which are pretty close to ice cream, I think.  Anyway, when I went downstairs to start brainstorming a project for this challenge, I came across this fun summer paper I've had in my stash for a few years.  I was drawn to the pattern paper with all the different ice creams and frozen treats on it, and knew I had to use it on my project.


I dug out one of my "oldie but goodie" cartridges, Doodlecharms, for the popsicles and used a fun sentiment from Jaded Blossom.


A quick and easy card that has put me in the mood for some warmer weather and an ice cream treat!!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Recollections
Pattern papers from We R Memory Keepers Sunsplashed pack
Popsicles from Doodlecharms cut at 3.5 inches
Sentiment from Jaded Blossom's Simple Sayings 3
Twine
White Sakura gel pen

3 comments:

  1. Yum, puts me in the mood, too for summer treats! TFS your sweet card at DCD this week - great paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I've never tried those before! This is super cute, love that popsicle (spell check is not liking this spelling, that's right, isn't it??) anyway the sentiment is perfect, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super cute and oh so yummy. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week and be sure to check back on Tuesday to see what our new challenge is!
    Anita
    DCD Host & Sponsor Coordinator
    http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.ca/
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete