Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Anniversary Card

Happy Tuesday!  Today is my grandparents' anniversary - 65 years of marriage!  I'm so happy for them, and even more excited because we get to spend some time with them this coming weekend.

One of the cards that my sweetie and I received for our wedding gave me the inspiration for this card.  The card we received was made by the wife of one of my sweetie's good friends.  She placed the initial for our last name down near the bottom on the front of the card and a 'newlyweds' embellishment on the top flap.  I loved the fold and the idea of the initial on the card and incorporated those ideas on my grandparents' card.

I started with a 4.25 x 12  piece of paper and scored it at 2 and 7.5 inches.  I cut my patterned paper at 4 x 1.75 inches and 4 x 4.25 inches for the mats, then added the dove, scallop circle and monogram cuts.  I finished it off with Glossy Accents and some crinkle ribbon.  Pretty easy!  Thanks for coming by!




Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill
Patterned cardstock from my stash
Dove from Tie the Knot cut at 2.5 inches
Monogram from Tie the Knot cut at 1.25 inches
Scallop circle from Tie the Knot cut at 2 inches
Sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set
White Sakura gel pen
Glossy Accents
Crinkle ribbon

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and elegant Heather they are going to LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete