Sunday, May 12, 2013

Flower Pot Card

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there!  I hope you are all able to celebrate in your own special way!!  My mother moved out of state a couple of years ago, so I'm not able to spend the day with her, but I'll be thinking about her a lot.  My sweetie and I are planning to play golf, and I'm hoping my mom is able to do the same!

I have seen a few flower pot cards recently and was inspired to give one a try myself.  I used the Walk in My Garden cartridge for the flower pot and the daisies.


To create the flower pot, I simply cut 2 of the flower pot images, then used adhesive only on the outside edges of the sides and bottom of the pot.


Then I was able to cut a piece of pattern cardstock that would fit inside the flower pot.  I attached my flowers to the top of this piece of cardstock.


I hand trimmed the bottom part of my pattern cardstock so that it would fit inside the flower pot a little better.  Then I cut a piece of white cardstock to layer on top with my stamped sentiment.  The back side of my pattern cardstock is white, so I was able to write a message to my mom there.


Thanks for stopping by to see my creation!  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Pattern cardstock from DCWV
Flower pot from Walk in My Garden cut at 3.3 inches
Daisies from Walk in My Garden cut at 2 and 2.25 inches
Swiss Dots and Polka Dots embossing folders
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper's Happiest Moments set
Ribbon from The Paper Studio

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute Heather! Thanks for the detailed instructions! I love WIMG and would love to give this a try! ~Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super cute!! Way to do all that welding and create it yourself. The embossing looks great on the flowers, too!!

    ReplyDelete