Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Do Layout

Happy Sunday!  Are you all enjoying your weekend?  I had an enjoyable day yesterday spending time in my craft room then going out to dinner with my sweetie's family.

This is one of the layouts I created yesterday - I'm trying to get caught up on my scrapbooking and have been slowly working on my wedding album.  We have an album with all the pictures in it that the photographer took, but so many of our family and friends had fun pictures of our wedding that I decided I wanted to make a scrapbook full of those pictures as well.


These pictures document a moment that my sweetie and I will never forget.  Not just because it's when we exchanged rings, but because the pastor performing our ceremony made it quite memorable.  As you can probably tell from the pictures, we were married on a beach in the Caribbean.  We stayed at a resort that had 16 wonderful restaurants.


In the top right picture above, my sweetie is trying to put the ring on my finger, but my fingers must have been swollen a bit because he was having a hard time getting it on.  The pastor promptly says, "Heather......Heather....you must have been spending too much time in the buffet line!" - which is why we are laughing in the bottom left picture.  In the bottom right picture I'm replying to the pastor, "At least my dress still fits!!"  Such memories, things we will never forget, and why I chose the "These are the moments" accent for this page.


A few more pictures of this portion of the ceremony are on this second page.


I couldn't get a good picture of the rings I cut with my Cricut, but I put glossy accents and glitter on the diamond for a bit of sparkle.  This picture does show the fun texture of the background paper better though.

Yesterday over at the Shop Pumpkin Spice Blog, each of the design team members hosted a different challenge.  Missy is hosting a layout challenge - create a one or two page layout, so I'm going to link this up over there.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my pages today!!

Recipe:
Textured Cardstock from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3
Solid cardstock from Recollections
I Do from Tie the Knot cut at 2.75 inches
Rings from Sweethearts cut at 2.25
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 Chipboard element

1 comment:

  1. What a great layout!! I think I'm totally distracted by your pictures, they are fabulous!! :) I love the textured paper you used and the great cuts--perfect images for the event!!

    ReplyDelete