Saturday, June 1, 2013

Basketball Card

Hello!  Are you all enjoying the start of your weekend?  I ran a half marathon here in town this morning with a couple of my good running friends.  Then my sweetie was nice enough to give me a pass on yard work today, so I was able to spend some time crafting.  Great Saturday, I think!!  :-)

One of the cards I needed to make was a birthday card for one of the daughters of my sweetie's best friend. She's having a basketball themed birthday party this year, so I just had to make a basketball card for her.  This is what I came up with.......


I cut the basketball from Everyday Paper Dolls.  I used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy and cut the basketball out multiple times to get the black and orange, and also a white solid circle for the backside of the card.  I decided not to weld the circle, and instead simply scored the back layer of my card base on the left hand side and adhered only that portion to the front layers.


I cut the basketball player from the Imagine Best Friends cartridge.  I mixed and matched the girl and the outfit to get a basketball player that looks a little more like the birthday girl.  I thought she needed a little something, so I tied some small twine bows around her pigtails.

I'm going to link this up to the Shaped Card challenge over at Die Cuttin Divas.  Thanks for coming by to take a look!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Basketball from Everyday Paper Dolls cut at 8.22 inches with real dial size on
Basketball player from Best Friends cut at 5 inches
Polka Dots embossing folder
Twine from The Twinery

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, very cute! Thanks for entering the DCD shape challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, I think the images look perfect against the black card base!!

    ReplyDelete