Saturday, August 3, 2013

Birthday Present Card

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are having a great weekend so far!  My sweetie got a last minute invite to play golf with a few friends this afternoon.  He was going to pass, but I told him to go - have fun!  Of course I had ulterior motives.....if he went to play golf, I'd be home alone, which means I could get some crafting done!!

I was inspired to make this card by my DT Sister Amy and the card she made for this week's Shaped Card challenge over at FCCB.  Check her fun card out HERE.  I loved the shape and the fun, shimmery papers Amy used, and she reminded me of the Life's a Party cartridge - a fun one that I haven't used in quite a while.  Here is my take:


I used the card feature on Life's a Party for the card base.  The card feature makes it so easy - no flipping and welding necessary!  :-)


I kept the card pretty simple - it's always tempting for me to try to bling cards up or make them girly in some way.  But this card is going to a guy, so I didn't add much.  I inked the edges of the tag with red ink, tied it to the card with red twine, and called it good!

I'm going to link this card up to the Anything Goes challenge over at Die Cutting Divas.  You still have some time to enter both challenges, so get to creating and link up your projects!!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

Recipe:
Pattern papers from American Crafts Hip Hip Hooray pad
Present from Life's a Party cut at 5.347 inches
Tag from Elegant Edges cut at 2.5 inches
Sentiment from TPC Studio Greetings set
Twine from The Twinery

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shape card !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shaped card, plus the tied on tag is really cute!

    ReplyDelete