Monday, August 26, 2013

FCCB 175 - Heat Wave

Happy Monday!!  I'm sure you all know what Monday means - time for another fun challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut!  This week's challenge is Heat Wave - create a project using something associated with the summer heat.  This challenge is perfect timing for me here in the Midwest.  We've been pretty spoiled for most of the summer - temperatures haven't been too hot and we've had a few rainstorms here and there.  But the past week or so has been a different story.  It's been hot and humid and it looks like it's going to be that way for at least the next week or so!

Earlier this summer, my sweetie and I went down to the Lake of the Ozarks and stayed with some of his family.  We had a great time out on the boat and playing around the pool.  I made this card thank you card for them.


We spent a good bit of time out on the lake, just floating and relaxing and when I saw this image of the girl floating in the inner tube it reminded me of floating out on the lake.


I embossed the water for some texture and added a tiny crystal gem to the flower on the girl's cap.  I used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to hide the cuts on her face so I could use one of my cute Peachy Keen face stamps.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my creation! Be sure to link up your summer creations to the Heat Wave challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut by Sunday evening!!

Recipe:
Cardstock from Bazzill, Recollections and We R Memory Keepers
Girl floating from Pack Your Bags cut at 3.5 inches
D'vine Swirls embossing folder
Face from Peachy Keen Stamps Everyday Character Face Assortment
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper's Everyday Life set
crystal gem

9 comments:

  1. She's so cute. Great embossing for the water. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to cool off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! I like the embossed water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! I like the embossed water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this card! Your image is perfect! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun thank you! That's a great image and the embossing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wish this is what I had been doing today. Great relaxing card

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like what we do in the Rogue River-even the ice chest has it's own inner tube! Wonderful Card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw your girl looks like is having a blast...

    Have a great week

    Dt sister catarina

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's so cute! I wish I was doing that right about now:)

    ReplyDelete