Monday, September 23, 2013

FCCB #179 - Going Places and Blog Candy Winner

Happy Monday!  It's time for another fun challenge at Fantabulous Cricut!  This week's challenge is Going Places - we want to see your projects that include a Cricut cut image of something that gets you from one place to another (car, bike, plane, etc).

I decided to make a layout for this week's challenge.  My sweetie and I celebrated our first anniversary in Cozumel and went on a deep sea fishing trip while we were there.  Little did we know it wasn't really deep sea fishing season, but we still caught some fish and we had a great time doing it!


Sorry for the glare in the pictures.  I was having a hard time taking these photos.  The left page has pictures of the boat we were on and our two guides for the trip.  On the right page, I have pictures of my sweetie and I fishing and some of the fish we caught.


The title us cut from the Life is a Beach cartridge and the boat is cut from the Father's Day cartiridge.  I cut the title out twice, once in yellow and once in orange, then hand cut the fin, the dots for the i's and the apostrophe so the title with the fish wouldn't be one solid color.


The fish are all from the same image on the Life is a Beach cartridge.  I cut the image and its layer out 3 times in different colors so I could mix and match the fish to make them all different colors.

I also have the winner of my blog candy from the Fantabulous Cricut Vinyl Cricut Crawl to announce!!  The winner was chosen by random.org and the winner is..........#5!!
I loved your lantern! The vinyl cut outs are so beautiful. Great idea!

Julie, please leave me a message with a way to contact you so I can get your stamp sets in the mail!  Congratulations!!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to link up your project to the Going Place challenge at FCCB by Sunday evening!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill, Recollections and DCWV
Patten papers from The Paper Studio
Gone Fishin' title from Life is a Beach cut at 4 inches
Boat from Father's Day cut at 2.25 inches
Fish from Life is a Beach cut at 2.5 inches


5 comments:

  1. Great LO! The die cut boat sure looks like the one you were on-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great LO!!! (I love the photos!!) The papers and images you chose are great and the dark blue background is perfect for bringing everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip!!! Your layout is fantastic!!! Love all your images, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO! Love the boat and the funky fish!

    ReplyDelete