Monday, October 21, 2013

FCCB 183 - Home Decor

Happy Monday!!  Monday means it's time for a new challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut!  This week's challenge is to create a fall or Halloween home decor project, using your Cricut of course!

When I heard about this challenge, I knew I wanted to make a fun Halloween candy bowl.  I usually just dump candy in a random plastic bowl on Halloween night to pass out as kids come to the door.  As I was setting out my Halloween decorations this year, I decided I wanted a Halloween candy bowl that I could set out leading up to Halloween, too.  I'm not sure how wise this decision was though, as my sweetie and I have polished off nearly an entire bag of candy by ourselves in about a week!!


I started with this orange mixing bowl I found in the clearance section at Target.  Then I started flipping through some of my favorite Halloween cartridges and found a few fun images.


I found this Happy Halloween image with the spider web background on the Mini Monsters cartridge.


The cat and pumpkin are from the October 31st cartridge.

All of the images were cut out of vinyl.  I used some transfer tape and was able to easily put the images on the bowl.  Fill it up with Halloween candy, and I'm ready to go!  Of course, I'll need to buy more candy between now and Halloween!  LOL!!

Join in the fun over at Fantabulous Cricut and link up you fall or Halloween home decor projects.  This is the perfect time to make a great Halloween accessory or decoration for your home - only about a week until those trick-or-treaters will be ringing your doorbell!

Recipe:
Cat from October 31st cut at 2.5 inches
Pumpkin from October 31st cut at 3 inches
Happy Halloween from Mini Monsters cut at 3 inches
Black and white vinyl

4 comments:

  1. Great bowl for the trick & treaters to get their candy from-Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out terrific! I love the images you chose....I'm going to have to make one of these!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Halloween treat bowl. I love all the images used!

    ReplyDelete