Monday, February 17, 2014

FCCB 198 - Sketch Challenge


 Happy Monday and welcome to another fun FCCB Monday challenge!

Challenge #198 Sketch Challenge

Sketch is from Card Positioning Systems 

This Weeks Sponsor

Be Wild and Free Stamp Set

Here is the card I created using the sketch as inspiration:


I used the Be Wild and Free stamp set from Mark's Finest (this week's prize!).  Elephants are one of my favorite animals, so when I saw this stamp set, I thought I'd get some good use out of it.


I used the Elegant Edges cartridge to make my frames.  I had thought about making a sunset background behind my stamped images, but decided to keep this one black and white with just the pink borders for a pop of color.  I think I'll be trying another version of this card out soon though!

Be sure to join in the fun over at FCCB and link up your interpretation of our sketch!  Remember, to qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.  Thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Recollections
Pattern paper from DCWV
Frames from Elegant Edges cut at 4.25 inches
Stamped images from Mark's Finest Be Wild and Free set

7 comments:

  1. Love the pink and black combo! The pattern paper is perfect! Your design sister Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combo-your pattern paper is perfect for your stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is super! I love the color combo with the pop of pin and I love that strip of zebra stripe paper--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink is perfect. I wouldn't have thought about pink as an accent, but it looks terrific with the zebra print and the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, this is AWESOME!!! I LOVE the pink and black - it looks fabulous!!! Great card!!!

    Have a great week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job! I love the elephant and tree stamped in black ink, and the pink borders look so nice with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this striking card! I like your idea of pairing it with the sunset BG too.

    ReplyDelete