Saturday, February 15, 2014

Subway Art Valentines

Happy Saturday!  I hope your weekend is off to a good start!  It's still chilly here, but warmer weather is supposed to be coming - and hopefully we'll finally get rid of the snow that's still hanging around here!!

I was inspired to make these cards by my friend Missy over at Quick Chick Designs.  When I saw the card she made for her husband using the Love Subway Art file from the Silhouette Store, I knew I wanted to give it a try.  I'm still learning all the fun things my Silhouette can do, and I thought this was the perfect opportunity for me to learn how to fill shapes with color and print them out.


I had some Valentine digital scrapbook paper that I used for the background of my first card.  I was able to determine the RGB codes of the hearts and letters in the background of the paper, and fill the words on the subway art file with the same colors.



For my second card, I used the Valentine Subway Art file from the Silhouette Store, and I made it a bit more masculine (I gave this one to my sweetie).  I used paper from a My Mind's Eye pad I had, and I did my best to match the RGB colors to fill the words.  I think I got pretty close!

I had fun making these cards, and I'm excited to keep learning more about my Silhouette!  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I like both of these, I really like the font combos in the second one!

    ReplyDelete