Tuesday, May 10, 2011

50 States!

As some of you may already know, I am a runner.  I started running regularly after college as a way to stay in shape and keep my weight in check.  I ran two half marathons and after finishing the second I felt like I could keep running, so I decided to train for a full marathon.  Little did I know that would lead to goals of qualifying for the Boston Marathon and also running a marathon in all 50 states.  I have run 11 marathons in 10 different states, so I have a ways to go!  I want to make a scrapbook of all my marathons.  Below is the title page I created for this book.  I plan to add a jewel on the map, marking the city where I run the marathon.  This is a 12x12 page, and in case anyone else is wanting to make a map of all 50 states for any reason, I'll save you A LOT of time and tell you - cut the states out with real dial size off at 2 3/4 inches.  I spent quite a bit of time playing on my Gypsy to get that figured out!!  I glued all the states down on a piece of black cardstock then freehand cut around the map to create the shadow.
Recipe:
Cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
States cut out from 50 States at 2 3/4 inches
QuicKutz die cut font (borrowed from a friend so I don't know the name!)
Jewels

2 comments:

  1. Totally in awe of your goal. I want to run the Honolulu marathon before I'm fourty. It was my Dad's favorite and who can beat going to hawaii to run. Not sure if I'll do it though, every time I get to up to the 9 mile mark my body start shutting down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eventually I'm so going to steal this idea for my 1/2 book. Eventually.....esp after hearing you talk about how long this thing took!!! :) It really looks so great though!!

    ReplyDelete