Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tri-fold Baby Card

Happy Saturday!  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  Last night was My Pink Stamper's Pinkalicious Blog Hop Friday.  I had a great time seeing the creations from her new design team and got started on my project.  The challenge is to show your style by making your favorite thing.  Well, I don't know that I have a 'style', but I do have some favorites : my Cricut (surprise, surprise!), My Pink Stamper stamp sets, and trying new techniques.

My step-neice is expecting a baby boy in less than a month and I decided to make her card so that it is ready when her baby makes his arrival.  This is my first tri-fold card - I was worried that it would be difficult to make, but was surprised how easily it came together.  Thanks for stopping by to check it out!


Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill, DCVW and Recollections
Patterned cardstock from DCVW
Cuttebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
White ink to make the embossing stand out a little more
Stork from New Arrival cut at 3 inches
Baby from New Arrival cut at 1 1/2 inches
Onesie with duck from B is for Boy cut at 2 1/2 inches
Scallop frame and oval (where I'll write my message) from B is for Boy cut at 6 1/2 inches
Sentiments from My Pink Stamper's Sweet Baby set
Face from Peachy Keen Stamps Wide Eyed Kids set
White Sakura gel pen for faux stitching
Buttons, twine, Stickles and pop dots

4 comments:

  1. I was looking through the little thumbnails on Robyn's blog and I saw this and was like "oh look at THAT one" and then I saw it was YOURS---this is sooooooo cute, I LOVE this style of card, the images & papers you used are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love the buttons on the little panels and the stork on the front. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really CUTE!!! You did a grea tjob. I'm going to have to try one of these cards.

    ReplyDelete