Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

Hello!  Can you believe 2011 is coming to an end?  This year went by so fast!!  One year ago today, my sweetie proposed to me, so New Year's Eve will always have a special meaning from here on.  We are getting married in just a couple of weeks and are both very excited.  The past week or so, I've been counting the days and reminding him how close we're getting.  He smiles and pretends to start hyperventilating and asks if anyone has a paper bag he can breathe into.  Well, I've decided to take that little joke of his and turn it into a card.  At the grocery store I got a long brown bag that they usually put bottles of wine into.  I folded it into thirds and it ended up just a little smaller than a standard A2 card.  I left space for me to write him a message - and the best part is he'll have the paper bag handy just in case he needs it!  LOL!!

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve!!


Recipe:
Brown wine bag
Solid cardstock from Recollections and DCWV
Patterned cardstock from DCWV
Champagne bottles and glasses from Celebrate with Flourish cut at 3.5 inches
2012 from Lyrical Letters cut at 2.25 inches
Swirls Embossing folder
Ribbon from American Crafts
Glossy Accents

3 comments:

  1. How super cute is that. Have a good time this evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! What a great idea to use the bag! You are so crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy engagement anniversary!!!! :) This is a great idea for a card!! The glossy accents looks terrific on the swirls, too!!!

    ReplyDelete