Monday, June 9, 2014

FCCB #214 - Celebrate Dad

  Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge at FCCB!


Challenge #214 Celebrate Dad
Create a project for dad OR a masculine project

This Weeks Sponsor

$50.00 Giftcard to SVG Cuts and a BIG SHOT!


My dad is a big golfer, so I tend to go with golf-themed cards for him.  I got the Summer Celebrations cartridge a while back (but had yet to use it!) and I remembered it had a golfer image on it.  As I was looking at the handbook for the cartridge, I realized it also had a card feature.


The card feature for this image has the card base and the black frame layer, and has a window around the golfer.  I decided I didn't want a window into this card, so I took some pattern paper that remind me of grass and sky colors and adhered it on the inside of the front of the card.


And there you have it!  The card feature made this card come together really quickly.  I hope you'll join in the fun with us this week at FCCB and link up your Father's Day or other masculine projects!  Please remember, you may use stamps, SVG cuts and die cuts, but you must use at least 1 Cricut cut to qualify for the prize!!  Please be sure to tell use what cartridge you used somewhere in your description.  Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Cardstock from Bazzill and DCWV
Golfer card feature from Summer Celebrations cut at 6 inches

2 comments:

  1. I knew this was for your dad before I even read what you wrote! This is super, I think the pattern paper you put behind it is perfect, too, reminds me of the green on a course!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love the green paper you've backed it with - it really makes the black pop!

    ReplyDelete