Sunday, July 22, 2012

Baby Shower Cookies

Good evening!  I hope you've all had a fabulous weekend.  This weekend has been pretty relaxing for my sweetie and me - I love relaxing weekends!

Today, my sweetie and I went to a co-ed baby shower.  I have been wanting to try decorating some sugar cookies with royal icing, so I decided this would be a great opportunity to give it a try.  I made sugar cookies, putting some of them on sticks.  I used a recipe I found HERE and used her instructions for putting the cookies on sticks.  I was surprised how easy it really was!  Then I found instructions and a recipe for royal icing HERE.  And again, I was surprised how easy it was!  It was a very time consuming process - making the dough, chilling it, rolling it out, chilling it, etc etc, then decorating the cookies was time consuming as well.  So a long process to get the cookies made, but not a difficult one.  :)

Here are a couple of the cookies I made.  I put treat bags over 4 of the cookies and tied them with curling ribbon, then attached them to the gift bag for a little added touch.  The mommy-to-be was excited to receive them as she has been craving cookies lately.  Thanks for coming by to take a look at the cookies!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, they turned out fantastic!!! Love the accents you added. I want to see pics of them with the gift!!

    ReplyDelete