Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday yesterday.  My sweetie and I came home from celebrating with friends and watching fireworks only to realize that our air conditioner had conked out.  Not good when they're forecasting triple digit temperatures here for the next 3 days!  Thankfully we were able to get some good recommendations from friends for HVAC repair companies and someone was able to come out today to fix our air conditioner - and thankfully it was something they could fix easily and we didn't have to wait for parts to be ordered!!

On a brighter note, today is my mother's birthday.  The card I'm sharing today is the one I made for her.  A while back I googled 'card sketches' and found a ton of great images.  I didn't write down where the sketches originated unfortunately, so I'm not able to give appropriate credit.  Sorry!  This card is based off of a sketch I found online.  I used my Yummy Imagine cartridge for the image and the background papers - I just love my Imagine and how the papers and images coordinate!

Thanks for coming by to take a look.  If you're in the midst of this heat wave as well, I hope you're keeping cool!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Recollections
Pattern papers printed from Yummy Imagine cartridge
Cupcake from Yummy cartridge printed and cut at 2 inches
i-rock gems
Glossy Accents
pop dots

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this turned out great---the sketch is a really good one, and I love how the papers match the focal image perfectly too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, Heather! Thanks for following me!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete