Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Birthday Balloons

Happy Wednesday!  I feel like I have been absent from blogging forever!!  I got busy last week (such is life, right?), then of course the Super Bowl on Sunday.  I started this week off working on a sewing project (I'm a newbie sewer so it takes me some time to think through those projects!!). 

Anyway, I am back.  :-)  I'm hoping to spend some time crafting this week to get starting on a few scrapbook pages and cards.  I also have an afternoon set aside with one of my good friends to get some scrapping done this weekend.  Very excited for that!!

I needed a birthday card for my sister-in-law.  I kept this one pretty simple and I'm please with how it turned out.


I cut the balloons from the Wrap it Up cartridge.  Instead of cutting all the layers, I only cut out the layers with the basic balloon shapes (I had to hide a few cuts on my Gypsy).  Then I took twine and glued it on the balloons for a fun pattern and texture.  I cut off the balloon strings from the Cricut images and instead used twine to make the strings and tied a simple bow which I tacked on to my card using a glue dot.


I added a birthday sentiment on the inside to finish off the card.  Like I said, it's pretty simple!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look and I hope you're all having a great week!

Recipe:
Cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Balloons from Wrap it Up cut at 4.8 inches
Twine from My Craft Spot
Sentiment from Scrappy Mom's Stamps Everyday Greetings set

1 comment:

  1. This looks terrific, I love, love the twine on the balloons! And be sure to post the sewing project, too!

    ReplyDelete