Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you all had a fabulous holiday!!  My sweetie and I went out to one of his uncle's and enjoyed the day with his family.

My post today is of the dessert I made to take with us.  I got the recipe for these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting from my good friend Missy, who got it from Robyn aka My Pink Stamper.  I won't post the entire recipe here, but you can click on either of their names and you will be taken to their pages with the recipe.  I will tell you though.....  I made the recipe as listed for the cupcakes (which is a double batch) and made 48 cupcakes and an 8x8 cake (it was thin, but still an 8x8 cake!!).  I also made the recipe as listed for the frosting (which is a single batch).  However, the single batch of frosting iced all of my cupcakes.  Maybe I was a bit skimpy with the frosting??  I also did not make my cupcakes very big.  I think they were a good size for a large holiday gathering though - enough to get a good taste, but not so much that you feel TOO guilty when you eat it after a large meal... along with a slice of pie, some cookies, etc....  LOL!

The cupcakes got good reviews from my sweetie's family, so give them a try sometime!  Here's a pic of a few of the ones I made.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW you got a ton out of the recipe!!! I don't think they look too small, they look perfect and so does your piping!!!

    ReplyDelete