Thursday, November 3, 2011

Family Picture Frame

Good evening!  Can you believe it's already November??  I sure can't.  This year has absolutely flown by!  Before we know it Thanksgiving (and Black Friday shopping!) will be here, with Christmas right around the corner and then we'll be welcoming a new year.  I'm looking forward to the holidays already and spending time with family and friends.  Which leads me to the project I have to share tonight....

My great friend Melissa and I bought picture frames a while back, thinking we could decorate them for all kinds of occasions.  She has made a couple of great picture frames and I had yet to make one.  At a recent scrap night at her house, I was flipping through a new stack of paper I had bought and found a patterned paper that I really liked, so I decided it was finally time for me to make a frame.  I think my mind was on the holidays and spending time with family that night.  Now I just need to make sure I get a good family picture this holiday season!  Thanks for stopping by and a big thanks to Melissa for all her help figuring out how best to place the paper and for my lesson in using mod podge!!
Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill
Patterned cardstock from DCWV
'Family' from Home Accents cut at 1 1/2 inches
Pearls, placed using swirl iRock template
Mod Podge

3 comments:

  1. I love how the pearls look on the frame! I am going to have to make one using my templates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame turned out great! I need to get a lesson on how to apply the paper with a frame---and the pearls!!! Where'd you find these???

    ReplyDelete