Monday, July 8, 2013

FCCB 168 - Cute as a Bug

Happy Monday!  It's time for another fun challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut!!  This week's challenge is Cute as a Bug - include any bug on your project.

I looked through all my stamp sets and couldn't find a bug-related sentiment that appealed to me when I was making this card.  So I decided to find a cute bug and go with a more generic sentiment instead.


I cut this cute dragonfly from the Paisley cartridge, using my Gypsy to hide the cuts on the face so I could use a Peachy Keen stamp instead.  It's hard to tell in the pictures, but I added glitter to the dragonfly's wings.


I popped the dragonfly up using pop dots and finished the card off with some twine and a button.  A pretty simple card that I am sure will come in handy as a thank you or just to send a friend a little note sometime.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my card!  Be sure to link up your creations that include a bug and at least one Cricut cut over at Fantabulous Cricut by Sunday!  I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Pattern cardstock from American Crafts Hip Hip Hooray pad
Dragonfly from Paisley cut at 3.75 inches
Face from Peachy Keen's Everyday Character Assortment
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper's Fabulous Phrases set
Twine from The Twinery
Button from my stash
Glitter
White Sakura gel pen

8 comments:

  1. adorable card and love your fun summer background! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! Great background paper, cute little PK face and the shimmer you added to the wings is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the winking face and the fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! The hearts on the body tie in so well with the sentiment, and your details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your background paper, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, your card is awesome! I love that Dragonfly! Your layout and paper is fabulous too! I seriously need to get some PKS, which set would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dragonfly and the glitter perfect !! Thank you for inspiring us !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little winking dragonfly and the glittery wings!

    ReplyDelete