Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Sketch card

Happy Sunday!  I haven't checked in in quite a while.  The past week has been pretty busy - but fun busy, so that's okay.  :-)  I have had this past week off from work since I'm between jobs right now.  I start my new job tomorrow and I'm excited!  My sweetie and I decided to take advantage of my time off as well as the holiday and we went to the Lake of the Ozarks for a bit this past week.  We played golf, went out on the boat and relaxed by the pool.  A pretty great mini-vacation!  We're back home now and I'm back to crafting!!

This week over at Die Cuttin Divas they're having a sketch challenge.  I am in need of a few birthday cards and decided to use the sketch as inspiration.  Here is the sketch we were given:

Here is the card I came up with:


I pulled out my Beyond Birthdays cartridge (one I haven't used in a LONG time!) for the birthday present image.  I popped the star up using pop dots and popped the present up off the star using mini-pop dots but I wasn't able to get a good picture of the added dimension.


I think I'll head back downstairs for a bit more crafting!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Pattern cardstock from American Crafts Hip Hip Hooray pad
Star from Plantin Schoolbook cut at 3.5 inches
Present from Beyond Birthdays cut at 3 inches
Spellbinders Labels Eight die
Rub-on sentiment
Swiss Dots embossing folder
Ribbon from my stash

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the card I am still debating what I will do with the same sketch ! Yours came out really cute !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute,Thanks for joining us at DCD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out super cute, I like the embossing and pattern paper! Best of luck tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete