Monday, July 22, 2013

FCCB 170 - Fruit Salad

Happy Monday!!  It's time for another fun challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut!!  This week's challenge is Fruit Salad - create a project using any type of fruit.

I started looking through some of my papers and found this cute Strawberry paper in one of my DCWV stacks and immediately knew I was going to use it for this project!


I cut the strawberries from the Preserves cartridge and embossed the different pieces for added texture.


I thought the strawberries needed a little something, so I tied a bow with pink and red twine around the stem.


On the inside of the card I cut the "berry sweet" sentiment from the Simply Charmed cartridge.  The original image had a little smiley face instead of an open circle in the letter b.  I welded a small circle from Cricut Craftroom Basics over the smiley face to create a basic letter b instead.

Thanks for coming by to check out my project!  Link up your fruity projects over at Fantabulous Cricut by Sunday evening - I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Recollections
Pattern cardstock from DCWV Sweet Stack
Strawberries from Preserves cut at 3.5 inches
"berry sweet" from Simply Charmed cut at 2.5 inches
Twine from The Twinery
White Sakura gel pen
Tim Holtz Burlap embossing folder
Swiss Dots embossing folder

6 comments:

  1. After seeing this card, I have a craving for strawberries! Great job, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific! I love the embossing and that background paper is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the inside sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and the embossing is perfect !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete