Monday, August 13, 2012

DCD #77

Good evening!  Did you all enjoy the Olympics as much as I did??  I have to admit though, I am a little glad they are over.  I've been staying up later than usual watching all the events on television and haven't been getting as much sleep as usual.  And I also haven't been spending much time downstairs crafting!  So, now that all the excitement of the Olympics is over I can get some crafting done and can get caught back up on my sleep!

This past week over at Die Cuttin Divas, they were having a sketch challenge with a twist.  The twist was to add a child's theme to your project in honor of National Kid Day.  Well, my sister-in-law is graduating from college on Friday, so I made her a graduation card.  It's not a real young kid's card, but kids graduate eventually, so I'm hoping this works!  :)

Here's the sketch:
And here's the card I created:

Thanks for coming by to take a look!  I hope you all have a fabulous week!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Pattern cardstock from my stash
Diploma from Wrap It Up cut at 1.5 inches
Ribbon from The Paper Studio
Twine from My Craft Spot
i-rock gems
Black Sakura gel pen

2 comments:

  1. Looks great---I love the background paper & the twine around the diploma is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete