Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sending Warm Fuzzies

Good afternoon!  Are you all enjoying the weekend?  The weather here is fabulous, which is a very welcome change from the high 90s and 100+ temps we've had for much of this summer.  I've also had a lot of time for crafting this weekend, so no complaints from me!!

The card I have to share today is one that I made for my sweetie.  He's leaving later this week for a week-long camping trip with my dad, my brother and a few other family friends.  They're really 'roughing it' so no bathrooms, no electricity and no cell phones.  This will be the longest that he and I have been apart and we've definitely not gone this long without at least being able to talk on the phone.  I hope I survive!!  I'm going to try to sneak this in his backpack so that he finds it sometime after he's left home.  We'll see how well I do....  :)

I'm going to submit this card into the challenge over at My Craft Spot which is Under the Stars - create a project with a camping theme.

Thanks for coming by and I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Pattern paper from DCWV
Bunny in sleeping bag from Campin' Critters cut at 2 inches
Sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set
Google eyes
Black Sakura gel pen

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the fun papers and cute sentiment! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so stinkin cute! I love that little image, the wiggle eyes & doodling are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats such an adorable card. It's perfect for your reason, and so is the sentiment. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the sentiment you used, it is perfect with this. Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card for your husband - and SUCH a great sentiment! I hope he has a fun trip!! Good luck to you!! My husband is currently away camping with our boys... but with his mobile so we are still in contact. I'm sure you'll do fine - but it will be nice when your husband is home safe again!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Card! Love the colors and patterns you've used. Thank You for playing along with us at My Craft Spot - Under the Stars.

    ReplyDelete