Thursday, August 16, 2012

Get Well Soon Card

Happy Thursday!  I hope you are all having a fabulous week!  Mine is going well - most of all I'm looking forward to this weekend.  I have a fun scrap night planned with one of my best friends  - something we haven't done in quite a while and I can't wait!!

The card I have to share today is one I made for the girl who lives two houses down from us.  She was so excited to tell us that she was finally riding her bike without training wheels.  Well, not two days after she shared that exciting news with us, my husband saw her sitting on her front porch with her dad, and the poor girl had a cast on her foot.  He asked what happened, and what do you know??  She fell off her bike and broke her foot!!  Poor thing - so soon after finally getting those training wheels off too!

I just had to make her a card and this is what I came up with.  All the images came from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.  I created the cast by cutting the 'bed' image that looks like the little pajamas with the footies.  Then I just cut off one leg and the tip of the toes and voila - a cast!  I cut the bike image out twice, once in grey and once in black, then fussy cut the tires and seat for the layers.

I'm going to submit this card into this weeks challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut, which is 2012 Olympics - make a project with a sports theme.  Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my creation!!


Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Pattern cardstock from DCWV
Girl, dress, bike and crutches from Everyday Paper Dolls cut at 3.75 inches
Sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set
Face from Peachy Keen Stamps Wide Eyed Kids Assortment
i-rock gems
Brown chalk
Black and white Sakura gel pen


8 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I love all the doodling and stitching!! The face looks so adorable!! I am going to show case your card on Saturday!! :) Excited about Saturday!! LONG over due!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, poor girl, that would stink!!! (Hopefully she didn't get the cast from the bike??) She's going to love the card, it's adorable, the little cast & bike are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute....I am a biker, so I'm always checking out cute "bike" cards! Glad you joined us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute love her face. Thanks for joining us this week at the FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Heather its adorable, my blog post for the challenge mentioned that I didn't have a sporty bone in my body !! That would be me if they made me join in lol !! Thank-you so much for sharing with us at FCCB this week.
    Big hugs to the little one hope she is up and biking again very soon x Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I just love this card and it is so sweet to do this for an excited new rider with a bit of bad luck. thank you for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no!! Your poor little neighbour!! I feel so horrible for her! You are so kind to make such a sweet card to cheer her up. Isn't it wonderful how we can use our Cricuts to make just the right card?! I'm sure you'd never find something like this at the store!! You've done such a wonderful job!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card & sweet of you to make it for her. I loved how you improvised on the cast & also created layers for the bike. Thanks for entering the FCCB challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete