Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You are Elephant-astic!

Good evening!  We're one day closer to the weekend, and I don't know about you, but boy am I ready for it!  It's been a busy week at work and we've been pretty busy in the evenings so far this week too, so I'm looking forward to a couple days off.

The card I have to share today is one I made this past weekend during my weekend full of crafting.  I created this card for two reasons.  One is the challenge over at Krafty Girls.  Their current challenge is Very Punny - create a project with a pun.  The second reason I created this card is for Madison's I Feel the Love Project.  For the month of August, Madison is collecting cards for Olivia, a girl who lost her mother at the age of 8.  Shortly after her mother's passing, Olivia founded Kids Involved in Cancer Research (KICR) with a goal of raising awareness and money for colon and lung cancer research.  I knew I wanted to make a card for Olivia and when I saw the challenge over at Krafty Girls I looked through my stamp sets to find a sentiment with a pun that I thought would work well.  This is what I came up with.  Thanks for coming by to take a look and try to create a card for Olivia and/or the Krafty Girls challenge - you still have time for both!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and Recollections
Pattern cardstock from DCWV
Elephant from Create a Critter cut at 2.5 inches
Sentiment from Pink by Design's Jungle Fever set
Crinkle ribbon
i-rock gems

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the crinkle ribbon and the pun is so cute! I really like the elephant too! Thanks so much for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I just love this!! It is so sweet. I love the soft colors and the sentiment. Olivia will love it too. Thank you for you support. I really appreciate it so much!!
    ~Madison Ifeelthelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! I am the one who shared Olivia's story with Madison and I just had to flutter on by! Thank you SO much for creating a card for sweet Olivia! She is going to love this. The colors are so beautiful, the elephant is precious, and I just love how you've placed him atop the ribbon. And puns make everything better. :o) Thank you with all of my heart for blessing Olivia! It means everything to me. :o)

    Hugs and blessings from your newest follower. :o)
    http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling---love the pink & grey color combo, the pattern paper is so prettyk, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isso cute! I love the pink and grey combo. Thanks so much for joiningus at Krafty Girls!

    Stacey
    Krafty Girls DT

    ReplyDelete