Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Congratulations Putting Champ!!

I got an email from my grandparents today.  They moved in to a retirement home a couple of years ago.  They really seem to like it and all the activities available for them.  They were both avid golfers prior to moving into the retirement home, but unfortunately aren't able to get out and play a round of golf like they used to.  Now they're very happy putting on the practice green at their home.  The email I received told me they'd participated in a putting tournament.  There were about 30 people in the tournament and it was a match play event, so similar to March Madness there's a bracket where the winners continue to advance and finally you get down to the last two people playing for the championship.  Sure enough, my grandparents would up meeting each other in the championship match.  From the sounds of it, it was a good match, but my Grandpa ended up victorious.  What started off as a simple congratulations card to my Grandpa turned into a larger, funnier card.  Well.... I think it's funny - we'll see how funny Grandma thinks it is!  My sweetie had the great idea of putting her in the background of the card, upset over the loss.  Here's my creation - I sure hope Grandma's not too mad at me!!
Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill, Recollections and DCWV
Patterned cardstock from DCWV
Boy golfer, green, trophy and golf ball cut from Everyday Paper Dolls at 3 1/2 inches
Girl golfer cut from Everyday Paper Dolls at 3 inches
Sage Flower Soft on green
Sentiment from Happiest Moments by My Pink Stamper
Stickles on golf ball
Sakura Glaze pens for facial features

2 comments:

  1. I love your card! I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Love the grandma's face and the flock really looks good on the green, looks so "real"!!!

    ReplyDelete