Sunday, March 10, 2013

Birthday Cupcakes



Good morning!  I hope you have all been having a wonderful weekend!  We had a grey and rainy Saturday here.  My sweetie and I got a few things done around the house and I was also able to sneak in a little crafting.  A little later today I'm headed over to a girlfriend's house to do some scrapbooking.  Crafting on both days of the weekend = no complaints from me!  :-)

This week over at Die Cuttin Divas, they're having a sketch challenge.  I have a number of birthdays coming up so I decided to create a birthday card.  Here is the sketch we were given:

And here is my creation:

I plan to send this birthday card to a guy, so I kept it pretty simple.   You can't really tell in my pictures but the pattern paper and a couple of the solid papers have a bit of shimmer to them.  I didn't want to add too much else to the card for fear of blinging it up too much.

I also broke out a cartridge I've had for quite a while but never used - Love You a Latte.  That cartridge has so many fun images on it; I don't know why I haven't used it yet!  Does anyone else have cartridges like that - one you like but haven't used yet??

Thanks for coming by to take a look at my creation.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill and DCWV
Pattern cardstock from DCWV The Sweet Stack
Cupcake from Love You a Latte cut at 2.25 inches
Pop dots

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a nice birthday card! Glad you could use the DCD sketch to help you with your card making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great birthday card! Love the pattern paper you used! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guy card---good papers for that, and great card layout overall!!

    ReplyDelete