Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thinking of You

Happy Friday Eve!  This has been a busy week at work for me, which is making me look forward to the weekend even more.  I managed to sneak in some crafting this evening which was a nice stress reliever from my busy week.  :-)

The card I made tonight was inspired by a card my friend Missy made recently.  I thought the layout was neat, so I scrap-lifted!  Actually, I got the pattern papers I used for this card from her too, so a huge "Thank you!!" to Missy, otherwise this card never would have been created!!


I made this card for my sweetie's grandfather who recently moved in to a nursing home.  It's been quite an adjustment for him and the family.  I think he knows it's the best thing for him but it's quite a transition going from living independently with your spouse to living in a nursing home.  Thankfully the nursing home is not too far from all of his kids and most of his grandkids so he has visitors every day.  My sweetie and I are headed up there this weekend to visit so I thought I'd take this card along so he will be reminded that we are always thinking of him.


Thanks for stopping by to take a look!  I hope you have a great Friday!!

Recipe:
Solid cardstock from Bazzill
Pattern papers from SEI
Sentiment from Scrappy Mom's Stamps Everyday Greetings set
Twine from My Craft Spot
Button from my stash

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness that is hilarious---when I saw your card show up in my reading panel I thought to myself---"oh I really love the way she set that card up"!!! So funny!!! This is a great masculine card, he will love it!! Perfect paper choice!!

    ReplyDelete